Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Home From the Holidays

It was so hard to say goodbye to so many of you all knowing that we wouldn't be getting to see you for a year or so. Sandee and I are home now after a total of 30 hours of travel back to Bamberg Germany (car, train, flying and waiting to fly). We actually slept relatively soundly last night and got up at a reasonable hour. It probably had to do with hardly sleeping at all for 48 hours.

I want to say thank you to everyone who gave Sandee and I the time to share what God has been doing in Bamberg this last year. It's been an amazing experience and we love to brag about our teenage friends and what God's doing in their lives. I ran into Mrs. Taylor about an hour ago (mother of Josh Taylor who I gave the abdominal thrusts to) and it renewed my excitement yet again for what God has in store for us. She hadn't gotten to talk with me after Josh's choking incident and wanted to know what happened. I gave her some details and with tears in her eyes, she thanked me for saving her sons life. I reminded her that God had graciously put me in Josh's company that day and was simply doing what He had allowed me to do.

Life is a gift we do not deserve. Isn't it so wonderful that God continually shares it with us as we share it with others? We love you all. Thanks agian.

No comments: